Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Who knew when I starting my blog last December that I would have 11 followers!  I started blogging for several reasons.  I started cross stitching again after a very long time. The mid 90's was my last real finish on a project.  I joined several cross stitching groups on Yahoo and I loved reading your blogs and other blogs and finding out about all the new designers.   Lizzie Kate became my favorite pretty fast.  Then I heard about Little House Needleworks, then her daughters designs Country Cottage Designs.  And now Brooke's Books.  And now they are all my favorites plus several others. 
Oh and the picture of the pink journal!  I bought that book about 3 years ago when I wanted to start writing down things that I remember about my childhood and on.  The book is still pristine,  the tag is still on and I could probably return it if the store where I purchased it still carried it.  But who knows maybe I'll use it for something else one day or I'll use it as I intended.  Right now I find that it's much easier to write my thoughts here.  If it doesn't read right I can take it out.  No scratch outs.
I want to thank you all for wanting to read my blog and see what I'm up to.  It really does mean the world to me.

4 comments:

  1. It's funny reading about your pink journal as DH bought me one when I'd had DS2 and had PND. I wrote in it for about a week then it got cast aside. I now use it as a stitching journal, jotting ideas down or web addresses, even quick drawings of stitches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo that's a great idea. I've even thought about using it to put pictures of my cross stitching progress pic that I take and post. Then I can also add little notes about the project, if I gave it to someone etc. I have a book that I did that in a long time ago and it's close to full so this could be book 2. I also have one for my beaded art dolls. That reminds me that all of those books have been untouched for some time/years. Yikes! What is PND? I figured the first on out.

      Delete
  2. I think PND is Post Natal Depression. That's just a guess, but it fits. And I think using it for a stitch journal would be great. You could list things in there (start date, finish date, any changes made, where the chart went after you finished it, and a picture of your finished product) and it would help you keep track. Watch out for the groups though. Everyone there (including me) is an enabler. Soon you'll have a huge stash, not enough time in the day, and very little money. Your CCs will be running for their lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I don't need any help from enabler's! I'm a natural stash builder no matter what I do. I have 2 mapchests type drow things with a total of 16 drawers. They are crammed full and I could use at least one more set of those drawers for my beads. I have 2 closets full of fabric for quilting. I have probably thousands of machine embroidery designs and thread etc for that hobby. My cross stitch stash isn't very big right now but I'm working on it. At my daughters my total collection of DMC threads are waiting for me to get but I have started buying them all over since Its a 4 hour drive. And now I started collecting the speciality threads Crescent Colours etc. My CS fabric statch is lacking right now but I have lots of new charts to keep me busy for many years to come. So I'm an enabler anyway. I don't have any bad habits so I think its okay to collect my "stuff". And that is how I justify it. Its a collection and I don't have to use it. How's that for a line?

      Delete