Friday, March 23, 2012

Don't you just love old photos?  This is a picture of 2 of my cousins and myself.  I'm the little
blonde with her finger in her mouth.  My guess is that I am about 2 1/2 in this picture so that means it was taken in 1954 or early 1955.  It looks like a spring picture to me.  Possibly an Easter photo.

Early last month 2 of my cousins Cheryl (the little girl on the top of the photo) and her sister Lyleen along with their husbands brought their Mom, my Aunt Katie to be placed with her husband, my Uncle Bob at Ivy Lawn Cementery in Ventura, California.  We have several family members there including Vicky's parents (she's on the bottom right in the photo) along with my parents and now Uncle Bob and Aunt Katie are there together also.  Not such a happy post but it does get better.

Since they were coming out from the east coast my sister decided to try and find as many cousin on the west coast and get as many of us together as possible.  We've found lots of our cousins on Facebook and luckily the facebook cousins knew where the others were.  It turned out to be a great get together.  About half of us cousins showed up for dinner in Ventura.  Its been so long since most
of us have seen each other.  I'd have to say for me it was before we were half way through high school if not longer.  We always went to Grandma and Grandpa's on Sunday's after church so that is where we saw each other.  As some of my cousins got older they no longer wanted to go to grandma's on Sunday.  I've always wanted to be with my family.  I would go up to see my grandparents every Sunday even when I was old enough to stay home.  I continued going even as an adult.  Since our get together we are staying in contact much better.  My cousin Larry calls me every Sunday now.  He was always my favorite cousin along with his sister Diane.  We all blessed to have family.  I hope your family members are as special to you as mine are to me.  I love you cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment