Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Slow Start. . .

My day is off to a slow start.  I have lots of things to do but don't really want to do them.  I've hired a gal to come mop floors, clean bathrooms and dust etc every other week and I need to get some things put away so she can start - TOMORROW!!!  This house we live in has no storage in it.  Not the kind I'm use to anyway.  For some reason storing things like towels and linens under the bathroom sinks doesn't really do it for me.  That's where the storage is.  My husband has put shelves in the coat closet and taken a half bathroom apart and added shelves to it.  I've gotten rid of 6 large boxes of clothes which are to big but they were under the house in the storage room he built there.  So that didn't really help either.  (Re-reading that makes me think I'm nuts as there should be plenty of storage now but I guess we just have way to much "stuff")  I have 2 guess rooms which require bedding and extra towels.  I can also put up cots in another room so there's more bedding involved there also.  Sometimes we have as many as 10 extra people staying with us for vacations or holiday etc. 

Then my husband calls me from work a few minutes ago and asked if I'd like to live in The Netherlands for 4 years!!!  I said no!  I couldn't come up with a good reason except my family, my children and my fast growing grand kids all live here.  And my 5 Chihuahua's.  Another big reason is once I fly that far away over the ocean I'm not going to be doing it again for 4 years when I come back home.  I've agreed to move to Texas for 5 years!  I think that should be good.  I have to say I don't have an adventurous bone in my body.  I'm a real homebody!  I love being at home.  I usually don't go anywhere except for once a week when I will either go into the larger city 30 minutes away or go to Starbucks in the late afternoon with my husband and then we do the grocery shopping.  I live in a beautiful place but don't shop here because you can't buy anything but food, coffee or pizza.  We have two clothing shops.  One is for men and the other is for very tiny women. And very expensive.  The tiny people I know who shop there go for the clearance sales.   As you can see that's not me.  You can't buy socks, undies or shoes here nor clothes.  Sometimes you can buy sweatshirts at Walgreen's (a drug store).  They are cheap and look it too.  We do have a very nice kitchen store where everything is over priced. And now that the economy is so bad we have tons of thrift stores.  Every once in a while my husband and I will go downtown and walk through them.  I'm even lucky enough to find some of the glass that I collect at a great price.

I should stop complaining and be thankful the sun is shining today.  The birds are all singing and the dogs aren't barking - not right now anyway.  They've all been out on the back deck in the sunshine and it looks like they are all starting to wander back inside and claim their spots on my lap.

Sorry for the rant.  I'm going to go and do some stitching now and I'll get to putting that "stuff" away this afternoon!

Have a wonderful day what ever you decide to do with it!
Well the dogs are all barkng now since we just heard a rather big boom!  I think it was the trash truck!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love your dog, lol. My nephew barks every once in a while, but he's really good about not barking at every little sound. And sorry to hear about your storage woes. I'd like to have a guest room, but I'm in a one bedroom apartment. I have decent storage, I think. One normal sized closet in the bedroom, a small one in each of the bathroom and the hallway, and a large one in the living room. Of course, they're all filled, lol. Ah, the joys of apartment living. Hope you survive the move. I hate to move across the city, much less move cross country. I hope it all goes well for you, and the packing and all that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with it all .... and I think your excuses are fine ... way to far when the wee ones are little ...
    and storage ... could do with some more myself too :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storage there is never enough however much you have. I want a cupboard like Mary Poppins bag.

    ReplyDelete