Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fat Men May 22, 2012 Update

Hope everyone stitching the "fat guys" got a chance to stitch yesterday.  I'm making progress.  I'm not going to worry about how much I get stitched any longer.  I'm a slow stitcher.  I should be finished with the second chart after stitching next Monday.

I'm still working on the Christmas UFO.  Looking at the chart (I can't believe I didn't make a working copy) it looks like I've made lots of progress but when I look at what I've already stitched it doesn't look like it.

Next, I'm  in the Yahoo Group Friendly Stitchers!  Gillie has just announced a Christmas?Winter Challenge and swap.  I can't decide if I should sign up or not.  I want to.  I have until June 21st to make up my mind.  I'm trying to find a chart to stitch.  I was a bit worried because there aren't to many new Christmas charts out yet but today she said we could get out of magazines from last year or check for a freebie!  I think I can even handle that.

Last Saturday I went to Auburn Washington for Pet Palooza with my rescue group.  We didn't get to many apps for Chihuahua's that I know of but today we got word that a vet tech put in an application for Shorty (yes Shorty the Chihuahua).  Shorty has Liver Shunts.  I'm not to sure what that is but I know he has to have special food and medication with each meal.  He can get very ill very fast.  He is the cutest little guy.  I held him all afternoon!  He's a tiny little white Chihuahua.  I think he may weight 3 pounds and that just might be soaking wet!  We're all very happy for Shorty!

In one month my sister and I leave for our "Sister Vacation"!  Every year we take a vacation together.  We are going to Springfield Missouri to visit our cousins again.  When we were growing up we only saw them once.  When my sister graduated from high school she and a friend drove back from Ventura California.  We went back 4 years ago and had a blast.  This time I will be looking for some cross stitch shops to check out also.  We fly into Tulsa Oklahoma and I've already found "The Sliver Needle" to visit there.  We'll also be going to Branson and I know there's a shop there also.  Wow - 3 new places to visit.  I probably should start making a list of the charts I have and the over dyed floss so I don't buy duplicates.  I do that way to often.  I don't mind when I buy floss I already have but a chart - not good!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day stitching or even out in the garden enjoying the sunshine.  We are back to the gloomy weather here for a few more days.  We got a good 3 inches of rain in the last 2 or 3 days.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy! You should never worry about how much you are stitching or how quickly or slowly! It's not supposed to be stressful at all! Enjoy the snowmen! Don't make it feel like it's a chore. You made great progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbi I don't feel like its a chore. I love working on it but I've never been in a SAL. I'm use to working on a project until I'm finished or it gets put in the UFO pile. That's all. I want to start another project but can't get myself to do it because the snowmen aren't finished. This probably makes no sense!

      Delete
  2. Excellent progress! Like Barbi said stitching isn't supposed to be stresseful, enjoy it, enjoy each stitch! Remember the only two rules you need to follow in stitching are that the thread goes in the needle, and the needle though the fabric! The rest is up to you and however you want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katica, I'm sorry if my writing makes everyone think I'm stressed out. I'm not. I do stitch slow and I always have. Its just me.

      Delete
  3. I totally understand the not stressedness of a slow stitcher, Sandy. I'm one too. It's not exactly stressful, but I'm aware that I'm slow. I wish I stitched faster, cause I'd love to do more charts in the time I have, but... I am what I am. I can't change it, so it's all good. Love your six fat men. They're such cute charts. Littler than I'm used to though... Hope you can find a good design for the exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie! It just clicked you are the other half of yes dear! I'm slow all the way around. Have you signed up for the Christmas Ornament SAL and exchange on Friendly Stitchers? If you have done any with them I'll be asking you some questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not that slow. Compared to my progress, seems like you're ahead of me. It's looking great too.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo well done on your progress :) and awwww re the wee shorty :)

    go for the challenge ... you have as you say till the 21st to find chart , floss and fabby and then you will be already to get going :)
    just think how proud you will be when you achieve it :)
    I must be mad as I've signed up for three and the exhange haahahaha ;) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mouse, I'm almost ready to go for it! I should just do it. Huh?

      Delete
  7. Wonderful progress, Sandy!! I love that chart!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tricia! Its such a fun stitch. I can't wait until its done and framed! Oh my listen to me wishing my life away!

      Delete
  8. You're making great progress with your Fat Man SAL - isn't it great seeing how everyone is doing each week?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, after I post my progress every week I go and see what everyone else has gotten done on theirs! It's my first SAL and I'm enjoying it. I signed up for the Lizzie Kate Summer Mystery SAL also. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete