Thursday, September 27, 2012

Finally Finished 6 Fat Men

 
 
Today I put the final stitches in 6 Fat Men by Lizzie Kate.  I'm so happy to have this finished.  I was stitching it in a SAL but finally had to stitch more to get it finished.  I was loosing interest in it and didn't want to put it away.  I've already put Lizzie Kate's Summer Mystery away after stitching a quarter, maybe a third of the first part.  Now to get it framed.  I'll be taking it to a small framing shop in Mount Vernon (WA) tomorrow and seeing what they will charge.  I'm hoping that I can still get in on the summer sale.  I heard the sign was still hanging outside.  I was so surprised that I used almost 5 skeins of Whitewash over dyed floss for the snow.  I never stitch anything twice but  I was to stitch this again I would use DMC white.  The snow with the over dyed floss is a little dirty.  I hate dirty snow.  When we get snow I don't want anyone to walk in it or disturb it.  I love pure white snow.  After Christmas I put out my snowmen for a month.  I'm looking for fabric to make a mantel scarf that's snowflakes.  I have the pattern (I think) but can't find any fabric that I like that is plastered with glitter!  I'm jut not into that sparkly stuff!
 
I have my next project ready to start tonight.  I'm wondering if I shouldn't do a small project but this one is about 8 x 11 so its not to bad.  Its called Autumn Cardinals by Diane Arthurs (Imaginating).  There are 4 in this series of seasons.  I probably start the Christmas chart but I have lots and lots of cross stitched Christmas pictures and ornaments that I think I'll stick with the fall chart!  Fall is my favorite season after all!

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Congratulations on the finish. I kinda stopped stitching mine. Need to pick it up again once I'm done with round robins.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi!!! Congratulations on the final finish!!! It looks amazing! I still have 1 1/2 squares to go. Looking forward to watching the progress on your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the finish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! Looks so Good! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on completing the Fat Man it looks fantastic. I'm nearly there.

    ReplyDelete