Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

This is a picture of my Dad back in the 1950"s some time.  He's so young in this photo.  We lost him in August of 1995.  I cannot believe he's been gone that long.  Dad didn't catch this fish one of his friends did.

I'm not going to post a picture of my 6 Fat Men SAL from last Monday because I hardly got anything stitched and I have a mistake which is going to stay just where it is.  I've counted over and over and over and still I make counting errors.  It makes me nuts!  I don't think I am ready to move onto even weaves yet. That's okay with me anyway I'm enjoying the ease of stitching on Aida still.

My daughter was here about 2 weeks ago.  We had a nice visit.  We planned on sewing but never got to the sewing room to turn on the machines.  Years ago I gave her all my DMC floss, the extras, 2 x stitch kits with the mats and frames, a piece of afghan cloth, one of the "gold" needles they use to put into the magazines when you had a subscription.  There were a few other things too.  It was so much fun to see what was in that box.  Then today I was going through a couple of boxes and found some older cross stitch charts that I saved to stitch someday.  One of these days I'm going to go through all my assorted "hobbies" and clear out what I won't ever use and organize it all.  Someday!

On Tuesday I fly to Oakland California.  On Wednesday my sister and I fly to Springfield Missouri on our annual "Sister's Vacation"  We're going back t visit our SpringMo cousins since they all tend to "stay put" as they call it.  We'll also be heading to Republic Missouri to visit our Mom's cousin and best friend Helen.  We'll be going to church with her on Sunday morning.  Its really exciting because this is the church my Mom grew up in.  Helen is 92 years young and has asked us to visit her again before she passes.  She's healthy and all but she really enjoyed meeting us and we her.  While we're there we're going to an outdoor college play or concert, back to Branson for another show and I believe there is also counted cross stitch shop there that I hope to visit also.  We'll be with the Ruyle cousins for a week and then we are going to spend 2 nights in Tulsa Oklahoma.  We're going to visit some antique stores and The Silver Needlework Cross Stitch Shop.  Its going to be another wonderful trip.

I will try and post a photo of my 6 Fat Men SAL tomorrow evening.  I won't be online for 12 days.  I'll be taking my ipad but sometimes I can't get online with it.  Hope everyone has a great day stitching or celebrating with the families.

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment