Thursday, June 7, 2012

6 Fat Men SAL update June 4th

Here's my weekly update for the SAL.  I think I'm losing interest stitching it now.  I think its all the white!  I'm nearly done with "Snow Friends" which I had planned on finishing  Monday and then moving on to the birdhouse or at least the next block that is already started.  How's everyone else doing on there snowmen?

The weather here is just yucky this year.  I probably say that every year but I don't remember anymore.  Seems like its always raining.  I'm getting tired of the standard Washingtonian answer "that's why its so green here"!  I'm very anxious to find out if my husband will get a transfer to Texas this year or not.  I'll probably be sorry!  I do love Texas and would like to live there for awhile before we retire.  I love how soft my skin is there.  I've lived in the humidity before so I know what to expect.  We'll be close to Houston (about a 2 hour drive) so I will finally get to go to the big quilt show.  And right now I can't even remember what its called.  My husband was born in Texas and has a couple cousins there, his sister and her family and an aunt.  My sister's excited to visit but has demanded that we not retire there.  I won't do that.  I want to be close to my grand kids and my kids too!

Oh that reminds me.  I finished a UFO last night.  Its so nice to get those things finished.  I've got it soaking right now.  It had a stain on it but looks like it came out.  I'm actually surprised since its been packed away since around 1995.

I guess that's going to be my update for this week. Hope you are all busy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Grats on the finish, Sandy. I can't wait to see it. And good luck with the weather thing. I wish for more rain here, so I don't have to water every day, lol. Good job on your snowmen too. They're looking great!!

    ReplyDelete